incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject importing CVS tarballs (was: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?)
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 22:12:20 GMT
On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:50:56PM -0500, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> As a sponsoring member I had planned to:
>
> set up the tapestry website
> set up the cvs module (wouldn't mind some help though, haven't done the
> import with history in awhile if ever)

fyi, the way this happens is pretty easy.

1. get the tarball of their previous repository (the thing with all the ,v
   files stored in it)

2. untar the thing on icarus

3. mv or cp the resulting tree to /home/cvs/jakarta-tapestry

4. ensure the directories are owned by the 'jakarta' Unix group

5. ensure the dirs have mode 0664 and files are 0444

6. get the appropriate entries in CVSROOT/avail (you'll need to send a
   request to infrastructure@ for somebody to do that; the people allowed
   are listed in the avail file for the CVSROOT module)

7. tell the people to "turn off" the old CVS repository

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/