incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Incubator Sandbox
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:20:36 GMT
>> The committers module in cvs exists for committers to write things
>> that
>> are not currently intended to be distributed to the public, but which
>> may be some day.
>
> Really? who decided that? [not being pushing, just curious]

It was part of the conversation around creating the module.  I can't
remember where that was because too many new lists were created in
the same timeframe.  Committers needed a shared information space
that was not subject to project control.

By definition, any shared space that does not have a PMC cannot
distribute software on behalf of Apache.  Only a PMC and the board
can do that.

....Roy