incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (incubator) Wed Nov 27 23:46:01 EST 2002
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:15:55 GMT

On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 11:46 PM, Rodent of Unusual Size
wrote:

> APACHE INCUBATOR PROJECT STATUS:
> -*-indented-text-....The complete text of the resolution that was
> passed which created this
> project ...
>
>        ... educating
>        new developers in the philosophy and guidelines for
>        collaborative development as defined by the members of the
>        Foundation ...

I'd not noticed that clause.  Oh my.  I wish that said: "accumulate
resources to aid in understanding the philosophy and guidelines
for collaborative development as practiced by members of
the Foundation".

"Educating new developers" licenses the incubator to inject it's self
into body of the routine make_new_committer(); instead of what I felt
was the intent of this project, i.e. to inject something into the body
of make_new_project().

  - ben