incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: veto stuff
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:11:25 GMT
At 2:19 AM +0100 11/8/02, Stephen McConnell wrote:

>>On dev@.
>>

>Ok - so is it reeasonable to say that one cannot invoke a veto via a CVS commit message?

The first issuance of a veto can be in the CVS patch that reverses
some code or changes behavior, but it should not be the sole "notice"
that a veto has been issued.

I guess part of all this discussion is that, in general, we don't
have "rules" and "policies" regarding all aspects of behavior in
the community. Sometimes simple common sense and courtesy is
expected. Just as I don't think there's a law against farting in
an elevator, I think most people agree that it's very bad form
to do so.