incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code ownership (was Re: whoweare.html)
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 23:13:54 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 01:04, B. W. Fitzpatrick wrote:
>

>>Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> writes:

>>>The best I have seen so far is a committer forking a project so he
>>>can add his name as an @author - would have been funny except that
>>>it effectively blocked progress in that project.
>>>

>>Are you saying that this actually happened?
>>

>of course. I had to revert vetoed changes from the same committer. Kool - huh!

ROTFL

I really impressed at your persistence.  If there is something to
complain about - go ahead an make an acusation!

In my own experience I forked soething that your wrote - and I've even
tolated your CVS games in situations where your veto has been opposed,
and where nobody stepped up to back you.  But I have not idea if that
event is what your referring to. Hey I can continue but its a waste of
bandwith.  The subject of this thread is about the addition of author
tags into code.  If you have a genuing complaint concerning something -
then you could raise it with the project in questions.  You could even
take it to the PMC with or without the endorcement of the project in
question.  Those are mechanisms available to your.

On the otherhand, you could attempt to crusify the individual in
question in public, at a project level, or even in private.  But that's
not relly plating by the rules - is it?  Bottom line - there is positive
stuff that came out of the work you did.

Appreciate that and move on.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell