incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code ownership (was Re: whoweare.html)
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 18:43:03 GMT

B. W. Fitzpatrick wrote:

>Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> writes:
>

>>On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 22:43, Sander Striker wrote:
>>

>>>Seriously, we have a SCM to find out who wrote what.  @author tags are
>>>misleading to say the least.  The entire concept just asks for people
>>>that are going to see in how many places they can get their name.
>>>

>>The best I have seen so far is a committer forking a project so he
>>can add his name as an @author - would have been funny except that
>>it effectively blocked progress in that project.
>>

>Are you saying that this actually happened?

Fitz:

I'm guessing here but I figure Pete is referring to the fork of a
sub-sub project in Avalon called containerkit, and the resulting
excalibur/meta project.  For information about the differences between
the two packages there is detailed message in the August Avalon dev achives.

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=102979805431045&w=2

In the mentime the package is evolving based on feedback and ideas from
Avalon and other Jakarta project contributors and the results of
on-gioing and extensive validation under large scale commercial
applications.  For more information about the excalibur/meta package you
should check out the documentation on line:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/meta/

Cheers, Steve.