incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: incubator-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/drafts voting.xml
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 14:34:45 GMT

B. W. Fitzpatrick wrote:
> coar@apache.org writes:
>
>>coar        2002/11/06 04:48:15
>>
>>  Modified:    src/documentation/content/xdocs/drafts voting.xml
>>  Log:
>>  	add some thoughts from costin and aaron.  TODO: add their names
>>  	to the authors list.
>

> I'd like to stop this 'authors' business before it gets started.  I
> think that we should treat authors names the same way that they are
> treated in, for example, the APR codebase.  That is, your name is
> mentioned in the commit message if someone else commits something from
> you, and if you commit it yourself, then your username is there.
>
> I will be glad to call a vote for this if there's widespread
> disagreement.

For the site, I agree that we don't add authors to the pages, except
when there are compelling reasons to, like Peter noted.
I didn't like it myself the first thing I saw it on the main pages of
some projects.

I'm +1 to put as an author "incubator project" with a link to the
general list for comments-tips-feedback on the page.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -