incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Subversion
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:49:21 GMT
[cross-posting to general@incubator because of radical suggestion]

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Sander and I have volunteered in the past to maintain a
> SVN repository on icarus.  I'll reiterate my offer.  When
> we've brought SVN up on the infrastructure@ lists, people
> wanted to see an early adopter before we deploy it.  I
> think it makes sense for us to be that early adopter.

actually, i think it would make much more sense for the
early adopter to be the incubator project, since codebases
coming in there should have no prior existence in apache-land,
nor any subsequent need to merge histories from elsewhere.
as opposed to commons, which is going to be (at least partially)
populated by codebases moving from elsewhere within apache.

better to use the new stuff for things making a clean start,
i think.