incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: too early for publicity?
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:55:50 GMT

robert burrell donkin wrote:
> as i was collecting some useful urls to help a developer how wants to
> know how to contribute, i reviewed some pages at jakarta about the
> creation of new sub projects etc.
>
> i'd like to update some of these pages to include information on the
> apache incubator project (i might also patch something onto the news
> section on the jakarta web site). on the other hand, i also wondered
> whether the time is yet ripe since the incubator is still very much in
> the process of being formed.

Hmmm... news about us forming could be ok for me... (IMHO that is)

> on the subject of news, i was toying with the idea that incubator might
> benefit from adopting a software-release style paradigm for the web
> site. we could announce alpha and beta releases of the web site before
> finally having a release of the web site when everyone's happy with it
> and all the to-do list items are done. that would give a mechanism
> whereby people would know when to check back and take another look.
>
> opinions?

Forrest should definately allow for a simple way to show the current
site and a WIP site, using a sort of staging system.

We are discussing how to do it well on the cocoon-docs@xml.apache.org
mailing list and Cocoon wiki, and we'll use Cocoon as a test-site for it.

We should use it as soon as it's ready; in the meantime we'll put drafts
in the /drafts URI space.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -