incubator-general mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: veto stuff
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 00:58:07 GMT
On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:18:31PM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> the rules exist.  either a veto is valid and the item being
> vetoed must submit, or it is *not* valid and the vetoer
> is the one who must submit.  it is up to the community to
> enforce these rules, either through peer pressure or possibly
> the extreme step of suspension of privileges.

I'd like to point out that in my many years (almost 1.5 now! ;) I
have never seen or heard of a revocation of commit privileges.
This makes me think that the community has been very effective
in its enforcement of vetos (even in cases where the majority is
opposed to the veto), which I tend to think is very encouraging.

-aaron