incubator-general mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: veto stuff (was: Code ownership)
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 02:46:20 GMT
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:51, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Ok, so if I'm the subject of a veto that I consider is invalid on that
> grounds that no rational justification was provided, what should one do
> to resolve the situation.  According to Jakarta law the rationale "my
> girfriend has a headache" is a rationale

Nope. It has to be technical. If people can't be adults then it requires that
all the other committers agree that the change is irrational or
non-technical.

> Changes to
> Cornerstone were introcuced that broke James compatibility, but the war
> was on and James didn't really matter

False. The James people were led to believe that compatability was broken and
were quite angry about it. However when it was explained to them what changes
had occured they realized that no backwards compatability had been broken.
There is one circumstance in which something could be broken and in that
situation there is a simple fix but James devs but that wasn't a problem for
them.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald