incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject forking for @author (was: Code ownership)
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 23:32:04 GMT
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:43:03PM +0100, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> B. W. Fitzpatrick wrote:
> >Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> writes:
> >>The best I have seen so far is a committer forking a project so he
> >>can add his name as an @author - would have been funny except that
> >>it effectively blocked progress in that project.
> >
> >Are you saying that this actually happened?
>
> Fitz:
>
> I'm guessing here but I figure Pete is referring to the fork of a
> sub-sub project in Avalon called containerkit, and the resulting
> excalibur/meta project.  For information about the differences between
> the two packages there is detailed message in the August Avalon dev achives.
>
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=102979805431045&w=2

In that note:

    "The existence of the Avalon Meta Model was brought into existence as a
     result of a necessary fork of containerkit."

What was the "necessary fork" ? The email describes the differences between
the two, but not the reason for the fork.

In a followup email on this thread, Peter alludes to reverting vetoed
changes.

Cheers,
-g

--