incubator-general mailing list archives

From "B. W. Fitzpatrick" <f...@red-bean.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: incubator-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/drafts voting.xml
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 13:53:13 GMT

coar@apache.org writes:
> coar        2002/11/06 04:48:15
>
>   Modified:    src/documentation/content/xdocs/drafts voting.xml
>   Log:
>   	add some thoughts from costin and aaron.  TODO: add their names
>   	to the authors list.

I'd like to stop this 'authors' business before it gets started.  I
think that we should treat authors names the same way that they are
treated in, for example, the APR codebase.  That is, your name is
mentioned in the commit message if someone else commits something from
you, and if you commit it yourself, then your username is there.

I will be glad to call a vote for this if there's widespread
disagreement.

-Fitz