incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: incubator-site/src/documentation/resources/forms ASF_Contributor_License_1_form.pdf ASF_Contributor_License_2.pdf ASF_Contributor_License_2.txt
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:29:22 GMT
>> Do you really want to keep the *old* form around?
>
> par' me, but i asked our secretary wtf was the difference and
> got no answer.  a quick vgrep didn't reveal anything.

Why not try a diff?  The difference is that _1 was approved by the
board in general, and _2 was later approved by the board because it
included enhancements from a lawyer (Oracle's, as I recall).
I prefer _2, but I haven't pushed it as the "one true form" because
I was waiting for the license discussion to conclude.

....Roy