incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Incubator site
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:04:16 GMT
ccing to Forrest as an info.

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>>
>>>i'm looking forward to learning forrest.
>>
>>:-D
>
> i tried it while i was waiting for my car to be inspected, but i couldn't
> build it -- the cvs head has a dependency on being online and able to
> reach krysalis.org.

:-(

Ok Forrest guys, I've had enough! ;-)

It's the third time in an afternoon that I have recieved similar
problems, and feature requests.

We *must* ensure that these difficulties won't happen again, and
remember that many new users we will have from now on don't usually work
with or like Java (I'm not talkin about you Ken, it's the others that
complained ;-)

Jeff et all, from me you have all the support to:

  * remove what is left of the old Centipede inside Forrest
  * remove the need to download from an outer site
  * put all needed in CVS, put the latest Ant
  * make a 0.3 dist
  * make a build script as outlined in another mail
  * and basically do all you think is needed to make Forrest *totally*
self contained.

If you don't hear complaints from others (I think you won't ;-), go
ahead :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -