incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tapestry joins Jakarta
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 18:25:38 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Now, this looks like a little bit contradictory to me, you say "let's vote"
> (and I assume that the Jakarta community needs to vote), the Jakarta
> president says "let's make Incubator vote, and Tapestry be our guinea pig".
>
> As I said, I'm not a part of this community (not a committer, not a PMC
> member), neither a member of the Incubator community, but seeing it things
> from a little bit of distance, WHO needs to vote? Jakarta or Incubator?

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/management.html

For Tapestry to become a subproject of Jakarta requires a 3/4 majority
of the PMC.  I am very interested in getting the incubator team to help
with the licensing issues and community issues.

I am optimistic about the outcome as there are plenty of people
motivated to make this work.

- Sam Ruby