incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tapestry joins Jakarta
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:12:25 GMT
Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> So, this went out about a week ago, and the guidelines only cover as far as
> publishing a proposal on the Jakarta General List.  What is the next step?
>
> So far, I haven't seen any real negative responses, and a lot of positive
> ones (I think a lot of ex-WebObjects folks are lurking about :-)).  I could
> summarize in more detail if that would be helpful.  Obviously, the PMC
> hasn't really weighed in.  Again, what next?

I'm +1 overall, but as Peter aluded to previously there are some
mechanics to be worked out.  This has nothing directly to do with your
proposal, merely that there is a new "incubator" committee which is in
the process of forming, and a strong desire for this to be used for
contributions such as these.

So, in other words, you may very well get to be a guinee pig.  Whee!

For a peek into the current status, see http://incubator.apache.org/

I was going to wait further in the hopes that there will be more
structure in place to greet you when you get there, but perhaps a
tangible contribution is exactly what the incubator team needs to
provide focus.

So, without further ado, I suggest you join the
general@incubator.apache.org mailing list and introduce yourself.  They
know you are coming.

Please don't take this as being shuttled about.  I plan to monitor this,
and will step in and provide helpful nudges if it ever appears to stall.

- Sam Ruby