incubator-ftpserver-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Question on running implicit and explicit mode ssl's.
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 11:52:58 GMT
Atul Gohad wrote:
> Hi Niklas,
>
> In the ssl support provided by ftp server, is it possible to have the server
> running in simultaneous implicit and explicit modes?
>
> What is the best way in which we can use the apache ftp server to allow
> simultaneous access for users with "normal", "ssl" and "ssl with client
> authentication"? is their a specific configuration change that can help me
> achieve this?

You can set up multiple listeners, one for each configuration. I'm
guessing (but haven't tested) that SSL and SSL with client auth would
work the same for the client, so if you don't intend to treat them
differently on the server (e.g. different roots) you probably just need
one listener for them.

/niklas