incubator-ftpserver-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Heads-up: listeners now configurable (replaces socket-factory)
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:59:59 GMT
I'm just commiting the code to make listeners configurable. Some of the
options this adds are listed on the documentation page in the wiki:
http://cwiki.apache.org/FTPSERVER/listeners.html

With this change I also made the MINA based listener the default option,
but the IOListener can of course be configured to be used instead.

Important to note is that this replaces the current socket-factory
configuration. Basically you need to replace "config.socket-factory"
with "config.listeners.default".

If your using SSL, you also need to add the configuration:
config.listeners.default.ssl.class=org.apache.ftpserver.ssl.DefaultSsl

If you're using implicit SSL you also need to add:
config.listeners.default.implicitSsl=true

I will also move the data connection configuration below the listeners,
however that change is not yet commited.

Hopefully the documentation should cover all these cases. Please get
back with any questions or feedback! This is the last major change
before I'm planning to cut 1.0-M1, hopefully later this week if I can
figure out the release process.

/niklas