incubator-ftpserver-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: file transfer
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:10:45 GMT
Dell'oro Marco wrote:
> I installed the FTP server, but the transfer rate is
> terribly slow for big files... Is there any tuning I
> should perform in order to speed up the file transfer?

I just did a very basic test on my laptop. On uploading a 80 Mb file to
FtpServer and FileZilla server, in my very unscientific test the time
needed is similar between to two servers (about 8 seconds). In fact,
FtpServer was slightly faster but that probably just random and within
the error margin.

So, a more detailed description of your scenario, environment and exact
configuration would be of great help figuring out why you're seeing this
problem.

/niklas