incubator-ftpserver-dev mailing list archives

From "Benny Pedersen" <...@jysk.com>
Subject Re: Re: cannot build ftpserver from trunk
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2007 06:52:39 GMT
Hello

I now got a little bit further. I have run the 'test' and 'install' targets correctly, but
when I try to create a distribution package (according to instrictions on http://cwiki.apache.org/FTPSERVER/building.html)
 i get another error (see below). Do I have to manually download the ftplet-api manually,
or is this an error you can correct?

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.ftpserver
ArtifactId: ftplet-api
Version: 1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.ftpserver -DartifactId=ftplet-
api \
        -Dversion=1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  org.apache.ftpserver:ftplet-api:jar:1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to find artifact.

        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:564)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:330)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:123)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Unable to find artifa
ct.
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.dependency.fromConfiguration.AbstractFromConf
igurationMojo.getArtifact(AbstractFromConfigurationMojo.java:213)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.dependency.fromConfiguration.AbstractFromConf
igurationMojo.getProcessedArtifactItems(AbstractFromConfigurationMojo.java:139)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.dependency.fromConfiguration.UnpackMojo.execu
te(UnpackMojo.java:67)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:420)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException: Unable
to download the artifact from any repository

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.ftpserver -DartifactId=ftplet-
api \
        -Dversion=1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  org.apache.ftpserver:ftplet-api:jar:1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

        at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:197)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:73)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.dependency.fromConfiguration.AbstractFromConf
igurationMojo.getArtifact(AbstractFromConfigurationMojo.java:205)
        ... 20 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable to downl
oad the artifact from any repository
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(Def
aultWagonManager.java:308)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:185)
        ... 22 more
[INFO] Total time: 9 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Feb 24 07:46:34 CET 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 13M/24M