incubator-ftpserver-dev mailing list archives

From "Benny Pedersen" <...@jysk.com>
Subject cannot build ftpserver from trunk
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:12:36 GMT
Hello

I'm trying to get the apache FtpServer up and running and have some
problems. I have never used Maven, so maybe I have just overlooked
something.

Here is what i have done so far:

Downloaded Maven 2.0.5 and added <maven-home>\bin to PATH

C:\src>svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ftpserver/trunk ftpserver

cd c:\src\ftpserver

mvn -U -e test
(output from unit tests)

After the section 'Apache Incubator FtpServer Admin GUI' i get the
following error:
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: No Java test
frameworks
found

After Googl'ing a little bit around, I added the following entry ind the
ftpserver/pom.xml:

      <plugin>
         <configuration>
           <skip>true</skip>
         </configuration>
       </plugin>

And now the test was successfull!

I then did a mvn -U -e install wich also completed successfully.

Finally, i ran

mvn -U -e assembly

wich gave me the following trace:

org.apache.maven.BuildFailureException: Invalid task 'assembly': you
must specif
y a valid lifecycle phase, or a goal in the format plugin:goal or
pluginGroupId:
pluginArtifactId:pluginVersion:goal

Now i'm stuck. I don't know what maven i trying to tell me.

Any help is appreciated.

OS: Windows XP
Java: JDK 1.5.0_10

Regards,