incubator-ftpserver-dev mailing list archives

From "Patel Ashok" <Apa...@worlddocument.com>
Subject Using SSL data-connection
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:15:18 GMT
Does this "Apache FTP Server" by default support secure and non-secure
data connections?

I am using default "ftpd.properties file".

in TLS/SSL Support section, it says

    Explicit Security

In this mode server supports both secure and non-secure connection. Upon
request from client (AUTH SSL) the server switches to the SSL/TLS mode.

In this case, the default server socket factory
(org.apache.ftpserver.socketfactory.FtpSocketFactory) has to be used.
 >> in above statement, it looks like DEFAULT server factory is
"org.apache.ftpserver.socketfactory.FtpSocketFactory"

How can I test SSL data-connection from Internet Explorer ?

Thanks,
Ashok