incubator-ftpserver-dev mailing list archives

From Dell'oro Marco <shone...@yahoo.it>
Subject Re: file transfer
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:00:24 GMT
I set the transfer speed to unlimited and the problem
seems to be fixed (even I though I thought that it was
set to unlimited before...)

Thanks a lot

Thanks
--- Niklas Gustavsson <niklas@protocol7.com> ha
scritto:

> Dell'oro Marco wrote:
> > I installed the FTP server, but the transfer rate
> is
> > terribly slow for big files... Is there any tuning
> > should perform in order to speed up the file
> transfer?
>
> I just did a very basic test on my laptop. On
> uploading a 80 Mb file to
> FtpServer and FileZilla server, in my very
> unscientific test the time
> needed is similar between to two servers (about 8
> seconds). In fact,
> FtpServer was slightly faster but that probably just
> random and within
> the error margin.
>
> So, a more detailed description of your scenario,
> environment and exact
> configuration would be of great help figuring out
> why you're seeing this
> problem.
>
> /niklas

Vinci i biglietti per FIFA World Cup in Germania!
yahoo.it/concorso_messenger