From shekhar sharma <shekhar2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Channels for a single source
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 06:14:47 GMT
Thanks Will. I need to try it. Well my scenario is something like this:

I have two agents namely agent1 and agent2.

Agent1 : Source is exec, which tails the output of the log file and Sink is
Avro Sink and channel used is memory.

Agent 2. Source is Avro source which picks up the events from the Avro sink
from agent1 and send it to Esper Sink.Here also channel is memory.
Basically the Esper sink is used to execute EPL (Event Processing Language)
query on the incoming events, basically filtering the events based on some
parameters.

Now what i want to achieve is something like this:
Since the logs consist of 3 different types of events, so i will have 3
different channels so as not to overload the channel. And i will have 3
different Esper Sinks, which will accumulate the events (a second level
filtering will be employed)

As you have mentioned that, based on the event headers we can direct the
events to different channels, but in my case headers are empty. So how can
i achieve this, everything is coming as body. Or since i am using exec
source,it takes everything as body?

Regards,
Som Shekhar