From Kowshik Prakasam <kows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compiling Flume from source
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 04:01:19 GMT
Hey Bharath,

I haven't built Flume from source. If you are looking to get Flume up and
running quickly,
then consider working on the tarball directly which has the binaries ready
for you:

http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume-latest.tar.gz

The Flume binaries from the tar ball work fine with Thrift 0.5.0 as well as
0.8.0 -- I have experimented with both so far.

Thanks!
-Kowshik