From lulynn_2008 <lulynn_2...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: Flume-0.9.4 with Hadoop-1.0.0/HBase-0.92.0
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:37:51 GMT
Hi Alex,
During build from source, flume source code will be related to hadoop?
In my opinion, during building, flume will download hadoop from maven repository and put it
in flume-0.9.4 lib directory. And will not use hadoop jar file.

At 2012-03-05 19:20:19,"alo alt" <wget.null@googlemail.com> wrote:
>The binary distribution, yes. But if you build from source all should going well, include
the wanted hdfs libs and start an custom build for.

>- Alex
>
>--
>Alexander Lorenz
>http://mapredit.blogspot.com
>
>On Mar 5, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Sonia Matamoros Rivero wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does it mean that Flume is compatible with Hadoop-0.20.x but isn't with Hadoop-1.0.0?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Sonia
>>
>> El 5 de marzo de 2012 10:30, alo alt <wget.null@googlemail.com> escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> yes. Flume is build agains a version of HDFS and upwards compatible, but not forward.
You'll see messages like Protocol org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol version mismatch
in the log.
>> You can download the source and build flume 0.94 against your new hadoop installation.
>>
>> best,
>>  Alex
>>
>> --
>> Alexander Lorenz
>> http://mapredit.blogspot.com
>>
>> On Mar 5, 2012, at 10:16 AM, Sonia Matamoros Rivero wrote:
>>
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > We are using Flume to recollect data from logs and to store them into HBase.
We are using the Flume-0.9.4. This version works perfectly with Hadoop-0.20 and HBase-0.90.3.
>> > A few days ago we have upgraded Hadoop to 1.0.0 version and HBase to 0.92.0.
Now, Flume is not able to connect to HBase. Is there any version incompatibility?