From NerdyNick <nerdyn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: set daemon physical name
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:59:07 GMT
So flume masters, collectors, and agent nodes should be registering
there physical name as whatever there hostname is, as returned by the
hostname command. That being said you can also create a logical node
and map it that way. You can also use physical DNS/IP's for the Agent
Sinks and Collector Source's. I currently do it this way as it allows
me to use multi master better, but does bring a slight layer of
confusion.

As for the configuration, I don't see a massive problem with it as
long as you aren't planning to pump a very large amount of traffic at
it.

--
Nick Verbeck - NerdyNick
NerdyNick.com