From Eric Sammer <esam...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Transforming value
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 17:38:26 GMT
Mark:

The regex[1] (or regexAll) decorators should do what you want. They
apply a given regex to the body of an event and put a capture in an
attribute field. It's primarily for things such as extracting content
that one can then bucket output by.

If you need to do something fancier than this, you'll have to
implement a decorator yourself (or file a JIRA to request an
additional feature of an existing deco).

[1] http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume/UserGuide/index.html#_flume_sink_decorator_catalog

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer