From Jonathan <jonny2...@gmail.com>
Subject Equivalent of tailDir for Windows Machines
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 14:53:45 GMT
I am trying to work out how Flume can monitor a folder on a Windows 2008
server and push any new files to the collector. I have found
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6753825/how-to-tail-a-named-pipe-to-flume-windows-node-flume-node-service
which
talks about how the tail function is not available, but I am not sure if
tailDir uses the same underlying structure as tail. Are there any other
options. We would like to find a solution that allows us to run flume with
as little overhead as possible, so we are trying to stay away from solutions
like using cygwin.

Thanks for you help
Jonathan