From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: Performance monitoring by Ganglia
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 07:43:37 GMT
The current reporting is quite broken and does not support the Ganglia
suggested multicast setup at all. We've got some code where we fixed
the source and the sink but still had some trouble getting it working
reliably (on the Ganglia sink side of things). But it didn't felt
worth spending the time as the reporting source only polls the status
anyway ...so we ended up having a python script polling the json
metrics and pushing that into Ganglia. Was easier than the awkward
source sink setup for reporting.

cheers,
Torsten