From Lior Harel <harel.l...@gmail.com>
Subject set daemon physical name
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:50:42 GMT
I have setup the collector to run on the same machine as the master. When
running the collector as a daemon I couldn't find a way to specify its
physical name and it always registers as localhost. So I'm not sure how to
configure the agents' collectorSource, localhost?

is there a way to specify a physical name for the daemon's node?

also, I know this configuration (master + collector on the same machine) is
considered pseudo distributed mode (for dev purposes mainly), assuming we
roll out incrementally with limited number of events at the beginning, is
this configuration reasonable?

Thanks.