From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Is there a plan for Windows Server 2008?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 06:20:53 GMT
[bcc flume-dev@cloudera.org (list is depreacted), cc
flume-dev@incubator.apache.org <flume-dev@incubator.cloudera.org>,
flume-user@incubator.apache.org]

Metamoi,

We have only done some basic testing of windows clients and consider it to
be alpha level support.

I currently am not familiar enough to know if there are incompatiblities
between the the different windows versions.

One potential approach is to have your windows apps or servers emulate
syslog and send data to a flume collector running on a linux box.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera