From Joe Crobak <joec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nodes configuration is lost after master is restarted
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 13:33:27 GMT
Per the user guide [1], I suspect the property that you need to update is
flume.master.zk.logdir.  It defaults to:

  <property>
    <name>flume.master.zk.logdir</name>
    <value>/tmp/flume-${user.name}-zk</value>
    <description>The base directory in which the ZBCS stores
data.</description>
  </property>

which might be cleaned up at any time by the OS.

You probably also want to set FLUME_PID_DIR in flume-env.sh, because this
also defaults to a location in
/tmp: flume:MASTERPID=${FLUME_PID_DIR:="/tmp"}/flumemaster.pid

[1]
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume/UserGuide/index.html#_configuring_the_zbcs