From Lior Harel <harel.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metadata parsing
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 10:25:23 GMT
sure, let's do this. I'll join the dev mailing list, and see if i can help with the implementation.

On Aug 5, 2011, at 6:34 PM, Jonathan Hsieh wrote:

> Lior,
>
> Ah, good point, I mispoke.  Thanks for correcting me!
>
> Unfortunately, you are correct,  flume currently can't do this out-of-the-box.
>
> It seems like a reasonable addition and would be gladly accepted patch if someone were
to implement it.  If you, Brian, or anyone else is  interested in building this, let's move
discussion about this to the flume-dev@incubator.apache.org!

> Thanks,
> Jon.
>
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Lior Harel <harel.lior@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jon,
> I'm interested in the same use case as Brian asked about, I'm not sure I understand your
answer, as far as I understand the regex decorator can only extract data out of the event
body, while the tailSrcFile attibute is part of the metadata. Can the regex decorator somehow
operate on it?

> Lior
>
> On Aug 5, 2011, at 9:35 AM, Jonathan Hsieh wrote:
>
>> [bcc flume-user@cloudera.org (deprecated), cc flume-user@incubator.apache.org]
>>
>> Brian,
>>
>> The easiest way is to use the regex decorator to create a new attribute and use that
attribute as to do output bucketing.