From Mingjie Lai <mjla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: buffered sink decorator practices
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:26:26 GMT
Joe.

 > Can you elaborate?

Sorry. Let me correct myself that calling super.append() in a separate
thread should be fine. I was a little bit confused by your 2nd question
``It's possible for our sink decorator to generate more events than it
receives'', so made a wrong statement.

 > are there dangers in using a threadpool to call append() from a
decorator to forward events to the collector

I'll be working on a new hbase sink decorator which use multi-threaded
to improve the hbase sink write throughput. Your use case is quite
similar. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks,
Mingjie