From "Dan Everton" <...@iocaine.org>
Subject Configure directory and file permissions on native file system
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 00:47:26 GMT
Howdy,

Is there a way to configure what permissions Flume creates files and
directories with? In our configuration we're not currently writing to
HDFS but to the local file system of the collector.

In this case it looks like Flume delegates to Hadoop's local file system
support which has a crazy default of 777 for files. This value doesn't
seem to be configurable nor does it seem to be affected by the
"dfs.umask" property. This leaves the log files world readable and
executable which is dangerous. The intermediate directories are at least
not created world writeable with 755 permissions, but this still isn't
ideal.

Cheers,
Dan