From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Flex Design view removed
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:17:38 GMT

On 12/12/12 11:11 PM, "Devesh Mishra" <Devesh.Mishra@mastek.com> wrote:

> But what is the reason behind to remove the design view ?
Design View was implemented in a way that tied it to specific SDK versions.
When Flex and FlashBuilder were both developed at Adobe and shipped at the
same time, great pains were taken to make sure Design View worked.  It was
not practical for FB to be able to ensure that Design View would work with
future releases of Apache Flex, so it was removed instead.

> I mean this feature was very essential part of FB.
It is certainly possible for Apache Flex to try to build a similar Eclipse
plug-in, but so far, nobody has stepped up to try to do it.  Certainly,
there are many disappointed people out there, but so far there hasn't been
enough complaints to motivate anyone to try to replace Design View.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team