From Russell Warren <r...@perspexis.com>
Subject Re: Using FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication in class init code (or: "how do you set default styles for an AS3 component?")
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 17:18:18 GMT
Well, scratch this part of my response already:

> Interesting/awesome - I changed the code to
> use StyleManager.getStyleManager(null) and what was broken is now
> functioning again:
> http://static.inky.ws/syn/631
>
> Will this be "guaranteed to work" in a class initializer (whereas
> FlexGlobals won't), or am I rolling the dice again here?

The code has already broken again.  StyleManager.getStyleManager(null) does
not appear reliable either.  It is failing internally on this line:

moduleFactory = SystemManagerGlobals.topLevelSystemManagers[0];

which appears to be the same execution ordering issue as with FlexGlobals.

I'll remove any attempt at default style setting for now, and ensure I have
CSS type selectors in place.  I'm still very curious how you (or if you
can) set the default value in absence of css, though.

Russ