From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Soft Keyboard does not auto hide
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:36:53 GMT
I agree.

I am assuming StageText returns Keyboard.NEXT in this case, and should be treated differently,
ie give the focus to the next "tabEnabled"  control, and maintain the soft keyboard open if
necessary.

Currently, TextInput triggers "enter" event in both cases, so it's difficult to make the difference
without having access to the original Keyboard event.

I will give it a try with a simple form containing multiple TextInputs, and debug directly
on the device (soft keyboard is not managed in the emulator).

Once again, I think that this should be default behavior, maybe based on the softKeyboardType
property.

Thanks for your advice.

Maurice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Kessler CTR Mark J [mailto:mark.kessler.ctr@usmc.mil]
Envoyé : mercredi 12 décembre 2012 13:31
À : flex-users@incubator.apache.org
Objet : RE: Soft Keyboard does not auto hide

   I think that works great.  Although I don't think every time the softkeyboard see's an
"enter" event it should focusout/deactivate.  If you have multiple control fields it might
be best if it just went to the next field and stayed active...  Although I've clearly seen
apps that close and reopen it or even not checking if the softkeyboard is open before trying
to open it again.

-Mark