From "Carlos Cruz" <car...@nbtbizcapital.com>
Subject RE: Flex Design view removed - major 'marketing' disaster
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:29:12 GMT

Just my .5 cents.
Carlos

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Mclean [mailto:justin@classsoftware.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:25 AM
To: flex-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flex Design view removed - major 'marketing' disaster

HI,

There was some discussion about Adobe open sourcing the design view plug in
but I think legally it wasn't possible. There not a lot that Apache Flex can
do about this other than to write an entirely new plugin from scratch which
would be a large amount of effort.

Something that might be easier to do is find and update the old component
explorers and style explorers, while not a full design view they were quite
helpful.

Thanks,
Justin=