From Chris Curnow <ch...@4cast.com.au>
Subject Re: Flex Design view removed
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:41:41 GMT
I agree with Marcus.

I come from an environment in which there is no equivalent of the code view - everything is
designed by placing objects on the form.

It was beautiful to come over to Flex and be able to create an place objects on the fly.

I really found I hardly ever used the DV and when I did, it was really clunky. I ended up
creating the objects in code and then running the app to see what they looked like.

The only thing someone mentioned was drag and drop onto a data grid, but hey that's such a
tiny bonus I'd happily do without it.

regards

Chris

Chris Curnow | 4Cast.com.au | chris@4cast.com.au | ph: +613 9866 8999

On 13/12/2012, at 9:35 PM, Marcus Fritze <marcus.fritze@googlemail.com> wrote:

> To be honest, I am really happy that the design view was removed from FB. Design view
is maybe nice for small projects. But when your project gets bigger and bigger the design
view is always a pain. When I load a mxml in my flash builder, the editor hangs circa 3 seconds
while loading the design view for this mxml file. This happens even in the code-view!