From Russell Warren <r...@perspexis.com>
Subject Embedded fonts, mixed FTE/Textfield components, and embedAsCFF
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:42:21 GMT
Hi all,

I've got a non-mobile application where I'm embedding a font.  I was also
experiencing unacceptable list rendering delays so I have ended up
occasionally using item renderers subclassed from LabelItemRenderer (in
mobilecomponents.swc) for the huge speedup they provide, as well as the
simplicity of the StyleableTextField that is embedded.

However, I'm now running into font issues and am getting this error:

warning: incompatible embedded font 'Vera' specified for
> itemrenderers::FastLabelRenderer (FastLabelRenderer528) . This component
> requires that the embedded font be declared with embedAsCFF=false.

On investigation, it appears that this is due to the mix of FTE/TLF used by
Spark components, and the old-school TextField based StyleableTextFiled
embedded in LabelItemRenderer.  It seems that each require different values
(true/false) on embedAsCFF.

I've set the font for the entire application (and its loaded modules) using
this styling code:
http://static.inky.ws/syn/611

A sample item renderer I'm using to get fast rendering on a desktop app is
here:
http://static.inky.ws/syn/613

So - how do I embed a font and get seamless use of that font across the
different text field types without the embedAsCFF issues?

Russ