From Russell Warren <r...@perspexis.com>
Subject Re: Embedded fonts, mixed FTE/Textfield components, and embedAsCFF
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 18:24:06 GMT

> Unfortunately, that is a trade-off you will have to make.

Do I really need to trade this off?  Can I use brute force instead?  For
example... is there some way I can embed the same font twice, once as CFF
for all the Spark skins, and once as non-CFF for anything based on
TextField?

Something like this:

@font-face {
>     src:url("assets/fonts/Vera.ttf");
>     fontFamily: Vera;
>     fontWeight: normal;
>     fontStyle: normal;
>     advancedAntiAliasing: true;
>     embedAsCFF: true;
>     }
> @font-face {
>     src:url("assets/fonts/Vera.ttf");
>     fontFamily: Vera*NoCFF*;
>     fontWeight: normal;
>     fontStyle: normal;
>     advancedAntiAliasing: true;
>     embedAsCFF: *false*;
>     }

Is this possible to split between Spark/FTE and MX/TextField?  I can't
figure out a CSS selector path for identifying styles for
StyleableTextField instances.  I don't quite understand the CSS, though.
 For instance I have no idea how the snippet below fixes the font issues
for the MX tooltips and Alert.show, but it works perfectly:

/* Changing the global fontFamily above breaks mx components.  The
> mx|global bit below fixes this.
>       Source:
> http://mikeorth.com/2012/embedded-fonts-with-tooltip-and-alert-in-flex-4
> */
> mx|global {
>     textFieldClass: ClassReference("mx.core.UIFTETextField");
> }

If the brute force font double-up has the potential of working... how would
I set the fontFamily for StyleableTextField to VeraCFF?  I've tried this
with:

StyleableTextField {
>     fontFamily: VeraNoCFF;
> }

but the compiler complains that "Type 'StyleableTextField' in CSS selector
'StyleableTextField' must be qualified with a namespace." and I can't
figure out what the namespace would be to get to StyleableTextField.