From Michael Montoya <montoyl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Refuled affection for Flex by visiting the ApacheCon Europe
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 08:48:40 GMT
I was recently tasked with developing a robust mobile app and I chose to develop it in AIR
using Starling & Feathers.

Let's face it, while Javascript has come a long way, it is still and always will be vastly
inferior to a true OOP language such as AS3, Java, C/++/# , Python...

For me, using Flash meant that the process to obtain a cross-platform, multi-device app was
smooth and straightforward and I love that I didn't have to jump through any of Apple's hoops
(which includes having to develop on a Mac with Objective-C and X-code).

What's more, now I have a hardware accelerated app that will soundly kick an equivalent HTML5's
ass any day of the week!

Let's face it, if you keep making great things with Flash, people will eventually wake up
and smell the FUD and it won't die - let the pundits say what they may, but we all know better!
;)

On Nov 7, 2012, at 8:14 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Well I doubt there is any difference in "security".
>
> After Apache taking over, I think the only thing that would actually kill Flex would
be Adobe giving up on the Flash Player.
> With their latest plans for making money with game developers that use the flash runntime,
Idoubt they will give up this too soon.