From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Confused by the description of Flex on the page
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 15:41:58 GMT

I've read on http://incubator.apache.org/flex/ .

> I have a problem with this sentence: "Flex applications can be deployed to the ubiquitous
Adobe® Flash® Player in the browser, Adobe® AIR™ on desktop and mobile or to native Android™,
IOS™, QNX®, Windows® or Mac® applications."

> The problem is, that I can't find anything releated of developing native applications
for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android with Flex.

  I can only assume that your Google Fu failed you.  You can use Adobe
AIR to create Native applications for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
If memory serves me, you need to be on a Mac to create a Mac app (DMG),
and on Windows to create a Windows app (EXE).  iOS and Android (And
Blackberry/Playbook) can be created on both Windows and Macs.

  In Flash Builder, just create a Flex project and select the "Desktop
(runs on Adobe AIR)" option.

  You can find some info on that here:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Flex/4.6/UsingFlashBuilder/WSe4e4b720da9dedb5-13a250c812e8e9b5533-7ff1.html

--