From Devesh Mishra <Devesh.Mis...@mastek.com>
Subject RE: AW: Refuled affection for Flex by visiting the ApacheCon Europe
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 08:54:50 GMT
Please let me know how to unsubscribe ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Montoya [mailto:montoyland@gmail.com]
Sent: 07 November 2012 14:19
To: flex-users@incubator.apache.org
Cc: flex-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: AW: Refuled affection for Flex by visiting the ApacheCon Europe

I was recently tasked with developing a robust mobile app and I chose to develop it in AIR
using Starling & Feathers.

Let's face it, while Javascript has come a long way, it is still and always will be vastly
inferior to a true OOP language such as AS3, Java, C/++/# , Python...

For me, using Flash meant that the process to obtain a cross-platform, multi-device app was
smooth and straightforward and I love that I didn't have to jump through any of Apple's hoops
(which includes having to develop on a Mac with Objective-C and X-code).

What's more, now I have a hardware accelerated app that will soundly kick an equivalent HTML5's
ass any day of the week!

Let's face it, if you keep making great things with Flash, people will eventually wake up
and smell the FUD and it won't die - let the pundits say what they may, but we all know better!
;)

On Nov 7, 2012, at 8:14 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Well I doubt there is any difference in "security".
>
> After Apache taking over, I think the only thing that would actually kill Flex would
be Adobe giving up on the Flash Player.
> With their latest plans for making money with game developers that use the flash runntime,
Idoubt they will give up this too soon.

> Chris
>

> [ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]
>
> C-Ware IT-Service
> Inhaber
> Dipl. Inf. Christofer Dutz
> Karlstraße. 104, 64285 Darmstadt
>

>    IT- und Systemhäuser
>
> fon:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 61
> fax:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 64
> mobil:  0171 / 7 444 2 33
> email:  christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> http://www.c-ware.de
>
> UStId-Nr. DE195700962

MASTEK LTD.
In the US, we're called MAJESCOMASTEK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not that of Mastek Limited,
unless specifically indicated to that effect. Mastek Limited does not accept any responsibility
or liability for it. This e-mail and attachments (if any) transmitted with it are confidential
and/or privileged and solely for the use of the intended person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. It
is the responsibility of the recipient to run the virus check on e-mails and attachments before
opening them. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly delete this e-mail from desktop
and server.