From "Sugan Naicker" <Su...@Dev-X.co.za>
Subject RE: Refuled affection for Flex by visiting the ApacheCon Europe
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 06:55:49 GMT
Hi,

Same here, agree 200%.

It is amazing the level of ignorance about Flex and it's features. People
confuse 'simple' web features with enterprise level RIA development that
Apache Flex can deliver. Apache Flex is definitely ahead of its time, but we
need to act fast to ensure that Apache Flex remains relevant in the future.

What we need is a solid marketing team for Apache Flex!

Regards,

Sugan Naicker
South Africa

-----Original Message-----
From: Abhishek Agrawal [mailto:abhishek.agl@gmail.com]
Sent: 07 November 2012 07:02 AM
To: flex-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Refuled affection for Flex by visiting the ApacheCon Europe

I 200% agree.
I attended a Mobile Dev Summit a couple of weeks back, where people talked
heavily about HTML 5. One speaker even suggested I abandon all my products
in Flex and rewrite them from ground up in HTML5.

When it came to the pros and cons of HTML 5 and its so called "new
features", I felt like sitting in the 90s era. It felt like "Oh my god!
People still didn't have these features in non-flex world! How in the world
did they survive so long..."

Nice to see your mail.

Regards
Abhishek