From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Performence issue
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:35:02 GMT
Sorry for the firsts numbers, I did a "dir *.as" and a "dir *.mxml" /s but
the sdk was in the sources and others projects too, well, finally, it's only
1928 .as and 447 .mxml, not the same numbers but anyway, the rest are good
numbers.

What do you mean by "What does the profiler say is going on?", we're
benchmarking every dashboard we load (our functional parts), we haven't got
any particular profiler.

In Flex 3, we still have some of the invalidatedFlags set at true after the
update complete is fired, so to measure the load time of our components, we
check for those flags and report the loaded status to the container.
protected function monitorUIComponentStatus(component:UIComponent):void {
            if (!m_pagelet.started) {
                return;
            }
            if (!component.mx_internal::invalidateSizeFlag &&
!component.mx_internal::invalidatePropertiesFlag &&
!component.mx_internal::invalidateDisplayListFlag) {
                updateSpinner();
                markAsLoaded();
            } else {
                // Not ready yet, try later
                component.callLater(monitorUIComponentStatus, [component]);
            }
        }

In Flex 4, the same code gives about 35% of time in more but I noticed I
received 2 update complete from the container if it contains DataGrid with a
lot of charts in the ItemRenderer, one about 10% later, the other really
long time after.

The logs:
2012-10-08 13:39:34,699 [829134827@qtp-1377590487-103] INFO
fx0000000b.dashboardsBundle.dashboardViewerMediator - Dashboard
HVP.OperationalSupervisor.Intraday.AboveProfile has finished loading.
2012-10-08 13:39:38,268 [497865763@qtp-1377590487-101] INFO
fx0000000b.dashboardsBundle.dashboardsUIModule - Dashboard
application.ShellUI37.innerScrollBarsContent.modulesContainer.viewstack.Canv
as142.dashboardViewer has finished loading with updateComplete. Loading
time: 15578 ms
2012-10-08 13:40:54,689 [823563825@qtp-1377590487-95] INFO
fx0000000b.dashboardsBundle.dashboardsUIModule - Dashboard
application.ShellUI37.innerScrollBarsContent.modulesContainer.viewstack.Canv
as142.dashboardViewer has finished loading with updateComplete. Loading
time: 91995 ms

dashboardsUIModule is the container of the AboveProfile dashboard, it seems
AboveProfile is processed twice, dashboardsUIModule contains AboveProfile
and a toolbar.

I noticed the process of updating the display list happened more than 1 time
when I’ve got lot of chart into the dashboard, which is the case of
AboveProfile and LostAndStuck.

The loading times: flex 4 / flex 3 for the dashboards containing a lot of
charts
AboveProfile : 10538/ 7785
LostAndStuck: 4860 / 2704

Frédéric THOMAS