From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: An official mavenized SDK ?
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 08:57:18 GMT
Hi Frederic,

Well I already have generated a working copy of the 4.8 FDK and the FM testsuite ran without
problems (At least without unexpected problems ... after all 4.8 doesn't come with signed
rsls and therefore the caching tests all fail) and FM6 supports Flexunit 4.1. I can send you
a link to a binary test-version of my FDKs and Flexmojos6 and I would be glad to get some
more feedback on any problems with them.

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Frédéric THOMAS [mailto:webdoublefx@hotmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. September 2012 10:49
An: flex-users@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: RE: AW: An official mavenized SDK ?

Thx for your repley,

We had the same issue in FM 3.7.1 regarding parameterized tests  and we fixed it very quickly
to make it work properly, that's nice if you fixed it in 5.x as I migrated our apps to Flex
4.6, FM4, FU 4.1 but because some of our customers are still in Flash 10.3, I need to fall
back or in 4.1 or in 4.8, what I would like is to be in 4.8 but without a mavenized sdk which
needs FM and FU updated (correct me if I'm wrong), it's not possible, that's the reason why
I did my first post, to know at which point are these things in progress.

Do you like me to test the set of tools (FDK generator, FM 6, FU 4.1) ?

Frédéric THOMAS

> From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> To: flex-users@incubator.apache.org
> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:07:24 +0200
> Subject: AW: An official mavenized SDK ?
>
> Hi Frederic,
>
> Flexunit 4.1 was officially released by mike a few weeks ago. I helped him find out which
packages were actually needed (initially one build would have been made for each fdk, but
we were able to strip it down to 3 versions ... "as3", "flex3" and "flex4". I then published
the artifacts in the sonatype repo for him and they are now publically available as Maven
artifacts (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/org/flexunit/ ... notice
the change to "org.flexunit" in the gid).

> In Flexmojos there were a few issues regarding parameterized tests. On the mailing list
someone published a hack but I think that solved one problem and caused others. So I refactored
quite a bit in the Unittest support project of Flexmojos and got everything running. A few
days ago I updated the main Flexmojos trunk with those changes and am now waiting for Velo
to release FM 5.1 (final).

> My 6.x branch is a special branch that has the main difference that it operates on a
different FDK structure. This was necessary because Velo usually deployed everything in the
Flex FDKs as one. Unfortunately they are not. Therefore I split up the FDKs into 3 separate
parts "Flex FDK", "Flash Runtime", "Air Runtime". I also did a number of fixes that should
make builds (especially with signed RSLs) a little easier. Unfortunately some of these need
me to refactor Flexmojos a little more. Currently FM6 seems to build my projects nicely, but
I have had some reports with problems and am looking forward to solving them.

> My FDK generator is a simple Java program, that you feed with a source and target directory.
You unpack all the FKDs you want mavenized into the source directory and run it. The tool
looks at the config-files in the FDKs and automatically generates Maven artifacts from them.
If Apache doesn't want to start providing the FDKs (Or is not allowed to for legal reasons),
at least Users should be able to generate any FDK version they like in about 1 Minute per
FDK :-)

> I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. (This is my first day on this list ... I always
thought I was already on it and the list was simply dead ;-) )

> Chris

stand in an official repo now ? (we putted it manually in our own one).

> I'm really interesting by your FDK generator, is it very different than the way I indicated
here:
> http://markmail.org/search/?q=%5Borg.apache.incubator.flex-dev%5D++webdouble
> fx+install+maven#query:%5Borg.apache.incubator.flex-dev%5D%20%20webdoubl
> fx+install+efx%
> 20install%20maven+page:1+mid:rh3o3dvfberd7l2r+state:results ?
>
> And sorry, I didn't get what you want me to do exactly :P
>
> Fred

compatable with Flexunit 4.1 ...
> If I understand it correctly flexunit 4.2 will the the flexunit version under the hood
of Apache? I guess migrating should be pretty simple. If you could open an issue in https://flexmojos.atlassian.net/
for that and attach a sample project similar to the one in
> https://flexmojos.atlassian.net/browse/FLEXMOJOS-872 it would make my life a lot easier
:-)

> Regarding the FDK generator I was working on ... I won't be able to do much this week
but hopefully I will spare some time to continue my work on this in the next 2 weeks. As soon
as I sorted out the issues with that and with Flexmojos 6.x support of them, I will contribute
the code of the generator to Apache Flex ... hopefully the guys will start to publish them,
but at least you should be able to generate your own FDKs then.